Lupita Love. It’s real. And official.
For the past few months the Kenyan beauty has stunned on-screen and off. Over 10 Best Supporting Actress nominations, magazine covers, beauty campaigns, and an Oscar nod. As Alicia Keys would aptly say, “this girl is on fire!”
In celebration of all things Lupita Nyong’o, we’re taking a look at 7 moments that have “slayed” us.
1. Lupita attends the 2014 Golden Globe Awards in a stunning Ralph Lauren gown:
2. Lupita gave an emotional, heartfelt acceptance speech at the 2014 Critic’s Choice Awards: “I’d like to dedicate this to my uncle…who always came to watch every single play I was in, and in one of the last performances he saw me in, he said, ‘You’re good. But let’s see what Hollywood thinks of you.’ He didn’t live to see this day, but I’m sure he’s proud of me. Thank you.”
3. Her latest spread in Vogue Italia:
4. “Thank you for taking a flashlight and shining it under this nation and reminding us what it is we stand on,” said Lupita to director Steve McQueen at the 2014 SAG Awards:
5. This Vanity Fair “Hollywood” Issue with all the major players:
6. This hair!
7. Her adoration for her brother, Peter. “He’s amazing! He lives in an exclamation point!” she told Jimmy Kimmel.
What’s been you favorite Lupita moment thus far?
Story Source: AfriPOP!